Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Au Revoir


Our last guests boarded a plane in the early darkness, bound for the frozen east. I sifted through cards and photos from the past weeks, my heart glad for a few remaining artifacts from a dying tradition. 



There's the gathering up a bit. Cheer putting on such a different face in the light of day.



Dicken's will be bundled up and shelved away for a few seasons. I only just watched my favorite George C. Scott version of Scrooge in the late quiet of the sleeping house. 



It's been a beautiful season. Everything put up too late to be tired of it yet.


But it will be good to move on from both the revelry, and the looking back.



The cold candles, and the waiting sheep.



Already the days begin to grow longer, and there is always so much yet to be done....



Good of you to stop by!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


9 comments:

  1. You always have such beautiful posts! Happy New Year. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Jacquline
    Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous images with us today.
    We have not had our Christmas yet due to assorted work schedules so I get a few extra days to look around and enjoy favorite treasures before boxing up .
    I was struggling and in need of inspiration for work and all your lovely vignettes took care of that :)
    Thank you for some much needed creative inspiration today.
    Have a blessed New Year !
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline. I knew that was your comment, my yummy loving friend! You changed your blog name?
    Big congrats on your 500!!! You flew through the 400's, but no surprise there! You have been doing amazing posts! It is always a pleasure to spend a quiet moment with you :-)
    Thanks for being a friend:-)
    Big hugs to you,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post today and lovely photos.
    I hope you have a wonderful Happy New Year, Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too find the week between Christmas and New Year's a kind of strange time Jacqueline!
    There is still the wonder of a new year looming and the excitement of what it will bring but then there behind me lay the remnants of another Christmas gone by...*sigh*
    I just love your wonderful photos and how you used the old measuring stick to make a star (I have one of those and never thought of doing that with it) what a clever idea!
    I hope your Christmas was amazing and that you and your family will have the very best New Year's ever, filled with joy and much happiness!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful post, it expresses exactly how I feel right now in this 'in between' time. Lots of resting but also a sense of anticipation.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve and I watch George C. Scott as Scrooge every Christmas eve---the best!! I love your photo with the mirror image, like looking at some secret or mysterious entrance to an enchanted place! And congrats on 500+ followers! A lovely way to end the year.
    Love, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always, Jacqueline... it's a good thought to realize the days are getting longer now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!