Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Silver Spoons


Remember all those Merchant Ivory and Jane Austen films where the heroine unfolds a continuous flourish of elegant wax sealed envelopes, and props their elegant script up on her even more elegant mantel?? 



We're getting invitations to weddings, mostly. Reminders to save the date. But then there are assorted graduation parties, and hopefully, a few teas and cotillions thrown in for good measure. :o)   It's time for the silver polish!



Of course you don't have to do that anymore. Rumpled linens and tarnished silver are all de rigeur at present. But yes! Mais oui! By all means dig it all out.



For I am here to tell you, if you haven't discovered it yet, that silver is one of the ways to happiness.



It's the sun you can stare into forever without going blind! All moonlit by candlelight! An etched garden than never fades!



If you use it every day you NEVER have to polish it. 


 Splatter a bit of glint around a simple supper and see how high the pleasure quotient rises. It needn't be a holiday.



But if you need an incentive, we have a holiday right around the corner. 



And if your mantel isn't overloaded with invitations yet, there's still time. Send a few invites out on the social tide and see what comes sailing back again!



My ivory handled pen knife ready for a quick Respondez s'il vous plait.




Happy White Wednesday!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline








19 comments:

  1. Elegant, exquisite silver & presentataion, Jacqueline!

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    4/6 GIVEAWAY ENDS TODAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! This post captured my sentiments about silver exactly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful 'silver' post...I am a big fan of silver too. You have so many georgous pieces. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun looking at your silver! I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline! Loveliness in silver! Beautiful as always.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such pretty pieces! i love polished silver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jacqueline, I do love to see your gorgeous posts. This one is a favorite! I love polished silver and your exquisite pieces make my heart sing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you Jacqueline, yes to everyday! What a fantastic collection..I love how you presented them all.

    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful post. I love silver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that silver is gorgeous! I love your pen knife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Jacqueline...a nice reminder to get mine out and use it once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Just found you at Gypsy Fish...I did an entry with silverware also. You blog looks so inspirational. I am your newest follower.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exquisite taste...I absolutely adore the picture with the cameo brooch (I love Italian cameo brooch. They are so refined)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jacqueline, what a gorgeous post! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jacqueline, thanks for dropping by, love your silver spoons and all other exquisite silver pieces, gorgeous presentation too, i'm your newest follower :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the silver. Gorgeous pictures.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful silver and you always have a special way of displaing your items. The blue plate is gorgeous. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!